MapPin_300

Needle disposal regulations are different for each state.

Surveys indicate that less than 5% of the more than 7.8 billon sharps devices sold in the United States annually are disposed of in some type of closed container.Ā  Of the remaining 95%, most are deposited unprotected into the household trash, putting individuals at risk for accidental needle sticks. Our look-up tool will help you get additional information regarding safe needle disposal in your local community.