- June 03, 2020
The UltiGuard Safe Pack and UltiMed were featured by Chain Drug Review for helping pharmacies pave the way for sharps stewardship.
"Medical supply company UltiMed Inc., a pioneer in pen-needle disposal solutions, has developed a product that helps retail pharmacies demonstrate sharps stewardship without increasing patient co-pays."
To read the full article and see a customer testimonial, click here.
- April 22, 2020
- Corporate News
While this day might be overlooked during these unprecedented times, we want to recognize the impact our customers make by distributing the UltiGuard Safe Pack.
In 2019 alone, our customers contributed to over 90 million sharps entering the public waste stream safely. Since 2015, the UltiGuard Safe Pack has helped dispose of 360 million insulin pen needles and syringes safely and we couldn't have made that impact without you! We truly appreciate your help to fulfill our mission by providing access to safe sharps disposal for every insulin injector (humans and pets alike).
- March 17, 2020
Our CEO, Jim Erickson, was recently interviewed by The Honest Apothecary about UltiMed and the UltiGuard Safe Pack.
To read the full article, click here.
- January 14, 2020
- Corporate News
[Excelsior, Minnesota] UltiMed, Inc. announces that its patented UltiGuard Safe Pack has been added to the Fear Free, LLC Preferred Product Program. UltiGuard Safe Pack is the only insulin syringe that combines premium-quality, human-grade syringes with a sharps container.
We recently talked with Kristin Hook, DVM, medical director and CEO of Furever Family Veterinary Care Clinic in East Moline, Ill. Dr. Hook’s clinic and 100% of her staff are Fear Free Certified, which means they work to take fear out of veterinary visits for pets and their owners. “UltiGuard Safe Pack syringes fit the bill,” says Dr. Hook. “It’s already scary for owners to treat their pets’ diabetes, so let’s make the experience as worry-free as possible.”
UltiGuard Safe Pack not only provides human-grade, ultra-fine insulin syringes—the all-in-one system removes the concern about what to do with the syringes after treatment.
Surveys indicate that less than 5% of the more than 7.8 billion sharps sold in the United States annually are disposed of in a closed container. The other 95% are deposited, unprotected, into household trash, putting individuals at risk for accidental needle sticks.
Dr. Hook says her clinic occasionally receives plastic baggies, cardboard boxes and plastic milk cartons with used syringes. “I’ve even heard of people just throwing them in the trash,” she says, “and that’s a public health concern that makes me nervous.” Proper disposal of sharps is recommended and required by government agencies.
Requirements for proper disposal vary, but in every state you must:
- Place sharps in commercially available sharps containers or puncture resistant plastic or metal containers with a tightly secured screw-on lid. Do not use a clear or glass containers.
- Label containers with: SHARPS. DO NOT RECYCLE.
- Seal containers with heavy-duty tape.
Additional options may include a mail-back program (fees apply), medical waste collection program or a sharps needle destruction device to destroy used needles and lancets.
Find your state’s specific requirements at https://www.ulticare.com/state-disposal-guidelines.
This game-changing treatment and disposal system not only provides a comfortable injection experience for the pet, it also removes the concern of how to discard sharps.
Visit UltiMed booth #1509 at VMX 2020 in Orlando, Fla., January 18-22 to learn more about this ground-breaking product.
About UltiMed, Inc.
UltiMed, Inc., headquartered in Excelsior, Minnesota, is a manufacturer of drug delivery and specialty safety syringe devices, including insulin syringes, pen needles and other specialty syringes with focus on serving people and pets with diabetes. The company owns and operates two state-of-the-art medical device manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and abroad. UltiMed, Inc. has a wide range of global business partners to assist in bringing its broad spectrum of medical products to customers around the world.
About Fear Free
“Our mission is to prevent and alleviate fear, anxiety, and stress in pets by inspiring and educating the people who care for them.”
Developed by America’s Veterinarian, Dr. Marty Becker, Fear Free offers online and in-person education to veterinary professionals, pet professionals, and pet owners. Fear Free provides both professionals and pet lovers alike with the knowledge and tools to look after a pet’s physical and emotional well-being.
If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview, please call Tim Rosen, Sr. Marketing Manager, at (651) 291-7909 ext. 209 or e-mail at T.Rosen@ultimedinc.com.